After a detailed and competitive tender process, Space Interior Contracts Ltd won the contract to modify the new offices for Selwood Housing Society in Trowbridge, a charitable social enterprise and not-for-profit housing association offering over 5,700 properties available for renting at affordable prices.
The housing society wanted to set up a new sister company called Silcoa, to manage all the repairs and maintenance of their existing housing stock. Silcoa needed to be close to Selwood’s main office and the brief was to develop the ground floor of the nearby premises to accomodate the new staff facility.
- Re-configured the existing office partitions to include a large open plan administrative space with smaller offices off it
- A new comms cabinet with associated data cabling was required, along with an overhead projector for training and presentations.
- Space refurbished and reinstalled the existing demountable partitions
- The whole internal ground floor was decorated to complement the new Silcoa colour scheme
- New staff kitchen with brea-out area
- Co-ordinating flooring laid throughout.
Once the refurbishment of the interior was completed, and the original contract fulfilled, Space Interiors were invited to quote and subsequently supply and install all the office furniture, including desks, chairs, screens, lockers and foldable/movable meeting room furniture.
A new reception desk was also designed to complement the office furniture. The whole project was completed on time, within budget and as scheduled, ready for the Silcoa ‘go live’ in June 2014.