An old and inefficient warewashing process that was draining the University’s hot water supply was replaced by Space with one of Winterhalter’s energy-efficient MTR rack dishwasher. Space also recommended that the machine could be fed using ‘free hot water’ by recovering heat from his remote refrigeration plant.
The University monitored energy use and the ‘After’ graph above shows the stored water temperature never dropping below 47°C with a much quicker recovery time.
- Winterhalter’s energy-efficient MTR rack dishwashers are class-leading in terms of water and energy use
- The dishwasher is now fed using ‘free hot water’ from the heat recovery unit
- The Heat Recovery Unit takes the heat from the remote refrigeration plant
- Huge savings have been made in energy, water and ultimately cash
- Constant hot water is now available
- Wash results have been massively improved
This energy-saving investment has been a huge success and quite simply, I think the results speak for themselves
David Morton Catering Manager, University of Winchester